Documents & Links:
Victor Planning & Zoning Commission
Tuesday, February 26, 2019
Victor City Hall – 32 Elm Street Victor, ID 83455
1. Approval of Minutes from January 15, 2019 regular meeting (Action Item)
2. Public Hearing: De-Annexation - DAX2018-01 Teton Valley Trust Public Hearing: De-Annexation - DAX2018-01 Teton Valley Trust (Action Item)
The City of Victor is seeking to exclude 60 acres known colloquially as Wrangler’s Ridge. This action follows a previous attempt in 2015 where deannexation was pursued by the City of Victor, however, there exists the possibility that the process was not completed according the required standards and to utilize an abundance of caution a new application has been put forth. The property consists of three (3) 20-acre parcels and is located at approx. 7150 S 1000 W.
Review Criteria (Section 14.7.13.B.1-4)
- If a request is made from a property owner for City services, and the property is outside of City limits but contiguous to the Victor City limits they shall be required to apply for annexation. (Res. R03-0403-2, 4-3-2003)
- Additional development proposed for the property is within the capacity of the City and other service providers (police, fire, library, etc) to provide;
- Traffic generated by additional development proposed for the property can be accommodated by existing streets serving the site, or the traffic generated can be mitigated;
- Additional development proposed for the property will not negatively impact natural resources as identified in the Property Development Plan.
3. Public Hearing: Code Text Amendment - Title 10 Land Development Code Update (Action Item)
Consideration of amendments to Victor Municipal Code, Title 10: Zoning. Corrections and edits are proposed throughout the entire Title that include correction of errors and omissions; and changes to standards and processes. P&Z Commission will review the material in accordance with Sec. 14.4 of the Land Development Code and provide a recommendation to City Council.
Review Criteria (Section 14.4.8.B):
- 1. The Text Amendment corrects an error or meets the challenge of some changing condition, trend, or fact.
- 2. The Text Amendment is in response to changes in State law, as established through amendments to the Idaho Statutes or by court decision.
- 3. The Text Amendment substantially conforms to the Comprehensive Plan.
- 4. The Text Amendment substantially conforms to the stated purpose and intent of this Code.
- 5. The Text Amendment constitutes a benefit to the City as a whole and is not solely for the good or benefit of a particular landowner or owners at a particular point in time.
- 6. The Text Amendment will not significantly impact the natural environment, including air, water, noise, stormwater management, wildlife, and vegetation.
- 7. The Text Amendment will not significantly impact existing conforming development patterns, standards or zoning regulations
4. Planning Department Update
5. Calendaring: The next P&Z Commission meeting will be March 19, 2019.
6. Meeting Adjourn (Action Item)
If you need special assistance at the meeting, please contact Victor City Hall at 208-787-2940.