Enforcement of the City’s building, housing, health and land use codes is important in order to protect the health, safety and welfare of all Victor residents. This section is intended to answer commonly-asked questions about requirements for building permits and to help you move through the City’s regulatory processes as easily as possible by removing unnecessary confusion, delays and costs. This information is meant to act as a general guide. If you would like more information, please do not hesitate to contact city staff.
The approved editions of the International Building Codes, as adopted by the state of Idaho and the Idaho Building Code Board, are adopted as the official building codes of the City of Victor.
Who needs a permit?
A building permit is required for anyone seeking to construct, enlarge, alter, repair, move remove, improve, convert, demolish a structure or change its use. It is also required for fences over 6 ft. in height.
The building permit must be obtained before the start of any work and prominently posted at the job site.
Why are permits required?
- The permitting process is the best way to ensure quality construction and safe building conditions
For new commercial buildings, the process for permitting differs in regards to the approval.
- Commercial building plans over 2,500 square feet must be completed by a design professional. Depending on the scale of the project, there are two different types of review. The major and the minor site review. See the attached PDF for Approval Process for Commercial Projects or read Title 10-1-6 of the city code for more information.
- For a quick guide to new commercial building, Click Here.
Tiny Homes, Modular Homes, Manufactured Homes, and RVs (Recreational Park Trailers)
- The Idaho Department of Building Safety has put together a great information pamphlet on the regulations for tiny homes, modular homes, manufactured homes, and RVs (Recreational Park Trailers). Click here to view the pamphlet.
- If you have already read the pamphlet and still have questions about local regulations, contact the Planning and Zoning Administrator Brittany Skelton at firstname.lastname@example.org or 208-787-2940 x 14.
Building Permit Applications
|Commercial Building Permit - Application Packet||807.78 KB|
|Residential Building Permit - Application Packet||760.76 KB|
|Contractor Registration Form||66.07 KB|
|Approval Process For Commercial Projects||206.89 KB|
|IDBS - Tiny House, Modular Home, Manufactured Home and RV pamphlet||363.03 KB|